You’ll work in our Waltham office as part of our Travel Transport & Logistics practice. Our Travel Transport & Logistics practice works with clients in the travel and tourism space as well as freight and passenger transportation sectors – be it via ocean, air, roads, rail. Beyond the transportation companies, we also work for the respective transport infrastructure operators. The majority of our clients are airlines, airports, tour operators, hotels, rental car providers, railways, urban transit operators, postal, parcel and express services, trucking companies, port operators, shipping lines, and much more.
You’ll be part of our global analytics team in one of our locations in Waltham, MA. The Travel, Transport and Logistics sector is looking for a senior hire to join the global Practice and contribute to developing and expanding our institutional advanced analytics capabilities, knowledge and expertise in TTL-related industries. We expect the candidate to understand the analytical tools, models and methodologies relevant for transportation-related applications.
You will work closely with our global sector leaders and client service teams as well as Research and Analytics groups
Direct Client Support and Development (~60%):
- You are part of the “first alert” team to connect consulting teams with relevant knowledge and practitioners in area of expertise and guide them on methodologies and approaches
- You will work directly with consulting teams in conducting deep analytics on client and external data
- You will play a lead role in team problem solving through findings and insights from analysis
- You will help create value for TTL Clients by understanding their needs and translating them into the required and desired analytical services
- You will support analytics process and data integration between Clients and McKinsey
Knowledge Development, Codification and Management (~30%):
- You will support analytics and knowledge initiatives, and contribute substantially to the development of new knowledge, approaches, models and capabilities within area of expertise
- You will support the development of our network optimization service line through applying insights and learnings from our advanced analytics work to the respective client content
- You will support the development of knowledge for the analytic group as well as greater understanding of analytics and its impact in the consulting population.
Practice and Community Support (~10%):
- You will work closely with our TTL Research and Analytics group globally, provide content-based coaching and guidance