McKinsey & Company is one of the world’s premier management consulting firms with some 8,500 consultants across more than 100 locations in over 60 countries. The Firm provides a full spectrum of consulting services primarily to large corporations but also to governments, international institutions, and non-profit organizations. These organizations include 100 of the top 150 global companies, touching every major industry.
McKinsey Digital Labs (MDL) is home to over 750 of the world’s best human-centered designers, data scientists, software specialists, and agile engineers and coaches. We work with the world’s largest and most complex organizations to accelerate the impact of digital transformation.
Our team rapidly delivers businesses, products and services that redefine industries. Combined with the unparalleled strategic and analytical rigor of McKinsey consultants, we bring a unique capability to help our clients build digital capabilities. We help global companies adopt new agility and customer focus – and scale it across their organizations. And as we deliver value, we help them build the organizational capability to sustain their digital transformation.
How we accelerate impact:
- Experience Design | Designing exciting new digital experiences, products and businesses
- Rapid Digitization | Delivering prototypes, proprietary technology, and even launching bespoke solutions
- Data Engineering | Integrating diverse data sources across global enterprises, and designing data architecture
- Agile Transformation | Providing Agile coaching and capability building, and building robust DevOps teams, tools, and practices
- Platform Architecture & Transformation | Helping clients unlock the full value of their installed technology platforms
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, MDL works more like a small startup company. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
We create both rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications typically within 2 to 3 months, by working collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals. Our Front-End Developers contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps.
We are hiring talented and ambitious people who inspire and deliver change, who thrive on innovation, learning and problem solving. We are looking for people (not monkeys) with the following expertise:
- Have first-hand understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g., Phonegap, Python, Objective-C, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.) data stores
- A 5+ years history of development in any of the following technologies and opinions on how to use them properly: C#, Java, Scala, Node.JS, Vert.x, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Erlang, Clojure, MongoDB etc., would be nice to have as well. Basically, the more you've fiddled around with different things the better :)
- First and foremost, passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- A strong command English (both verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Provide technical excellence (whilst adhering to Agile software engineering practices such as DRY, TDD, CI) and leadership/mentorship
- Wanting to unleash their inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Willing to travel (up to 80%)
- Play an active role in the community, i.e., speaking at conferences, blogging, contributing to open source projects, etc.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
You will have exciting career prospects within an international company that is still considered a start-up, yet was created by a trusted advisor of some of the most influential organizations in the world. You will work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
*McKinsey is an equal opportunities employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Find out more about our values on our global Web site
More info? Say hi to Karen Jimenez