Periscope, a McKinsey Solution, is looking for talented and creative Solution Specialists to help us build and scale innovative Business Intelligence solutions, combining McKinsey’s consulting knowledge with state-of-the-art technologies.
Established in 2007, Periscope is a McKinsey Solution that leverages decades of McKinsey’s experience in marketing and sales helping leading global companies improve pricing, promotion, assortments, and performance management. It offers a comprehensive suite of insight-driven commercial performance solutions.
Periscope’s mission is to enable clients to make better and faster decisions based on advanced analytics and a granular view of their commercial and financial performance, and by embedding new pricing, commercial, and performance management capabilities throughout their organization. With more than ten thousand end users, >20 terabytes of Fortune 100 company data, and more than 200 employees, Periscope provides clients with a unique combination of software, tailored services, and expert support to build and sustain commercial performance transformation capabilities for our clients.
Periscope builds on McKinsey’s codified best practices including 40 years of proprietary benchmarked data and substantial investments in developing cutting-edge knowledge, resulting in breakthroughs that consistently drive growth for clients. In addition to its own Intellectual Property, Periscope has enriched its services and offering to clients through several acquisitions and alliances to bring the best Solutions to its clients and create synergies and growth opportunities for both distinctive startups and established companies in the revenue management space. Visit http://periscope-solutions.com to learn more.
Our Solution Specialists work closely with Periscope leadership and diverse McKinsey resources to define, set-up, and manage the service delivery processes. They leverage Periscope, McKinsey Solutions Office (MSO) and Firm assets to serve clients and create sustainable impact. Solution Specialists often work on more than one project at any point in time and are at the core of bridging client business challenges with Periscope’s capabilities.
The key activities of the Solution Specialist include:
- Lead independently and engage with client representatives and McKinsey consultants in joint problem-solving sessions
- Drive the process defining of converting/enriching raw client data sources into datamart required for Solutions to deliver the insights related to the business challenges at stake
- Master the analytics/methodology embedded into the Solutions and the data concepts related to the Solution functional or sector domains
- Develop a deep understanding of the domain/function (across pricing, promotions, trade architecture and assortment), to clearly articulate the benefits of Solution to clients, both external and internal, and how they are implemented in an organisation
- Lead client adoption by engaging with them in their use of the Solution, working both independently and as part of a team to drive sustainable and high impact. This involves engaging with client sponsors on a regular basis to discuss how to drive user adoption (leveraging our usage analytics framework), and helping them with questions they might have regarding the Solution usage or applicability, etc.
- Comfortable engaging and leading a small team of analysts in various stages of client engagement (debriefing pre and post client engagement).