The Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialist support includes tasks such as troubleshooting, monitoring, and infrastructure backup/restore through McKinsey implemented tools. Beyond that, he/she handles other administrative requests, such as schema creations, audit setup, technology upgrades, BI reports development, etc.
The Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialist supports internal customers, the majority of which are members of the IT support entities. Occasionally, the Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialist also delivers support directly to McKinsey end-users. Due to the global scope of IT support, all communication is in English, both for customer and team interactions.
Typical for the role,the Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialist encounters a variety of support requests in the defined area on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment, dealing with a wide variety of support queries and issues. This requires the individual to be highly adaptable and open to working on new tasks. S/he has to keep up with a rapidly changing environment through a strong willingness and ability to learn.
The Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialist delivers high quality IT support by implementing the best possible solution for the customer. In applying this, the individual often works against tight deadlines and goes the extra-mile as needed. The individual will need to prioritize and escalate problems when required.
At McKinsey, we care about work/life balance. Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialists in both the San José and Gurgaon offices work as a global team in a follow-the-sun principle to support our McKinsey colleagues on a 24/7 basis. As team members, they demonstrate a collaborative style and the willingness to help others. They share with their team members in Gurgaon knowledge as well as best practices and shoulder additional responsibilities at times of high workload/demand.
Enterprise Business Suite & Reporting Systems Specialists demonstrate a high level of commitment and ownership in their work and in team collaboration. They share a common understanding of a “client-first” oriented work environment. As such, they follow Firm values, which contribute to hold up the unique work environment and the specific business culture at McKinsey.
Key responsibilities include:
- Installation, setup, maintenance, troubleshooting of Oracle EBSR12, OBIEE 11G - databases & application servers, located in our worldwide datacenters
- Performing EBSR12/OBIEE servers infrastructure monitoring, backup/recovery, and performance tuning
- Handling of other EBS R12 applications database administrative requests (e.g., Concurrent Managers administration, EBS techno/functional adpatch applications, EBS database/application cloning)
- Handling of other OBIEE application administrative & reporting requests (e.g., maintaining OBIEE environment security, OBIEE reports bug fixing, etc.)
- Performing EBS/OBIEE databases & applications upgrades to new versions, as well timely applications of vendor released patches