McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. With consultants deployed from more than 90 offices in more than 50 countries, McKinsey advises companies on strategic, operational, organizational and technological issues.
McKinsey & Company is looking for an Associate/Specialist candidate with a background in mega capital construction projects in Oil & Gas, Energy, Mining, and/or Chemicals. Experience applying Lean, Six Sigma or related continuous improvement tools and techniques is preferred. The desired candidate will serve general consulting engagements and also bring his/her experience and functional expertise in CapEx projects.
As an Associate/Specialist, your primary role will be to lead problem-solving efforts on a portion of a client engagement. Specifically, you will be responsible for identifying issues, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analysis, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and helping to implement change with our clients. Throughout an engagement, you will be involved in discussions and presentations with senior client leadership
We look for candidates who excel at solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, strong analytics and the ability to untangle complex issues. The ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Strong personal drive and motivation
- Demonstrated success as collaborative team player who is capable of working with others, but also autonomously with little direction
The ideal candidate has a combination of experience in the following:
Please note, for our Montreal office you must speak French and English fluently.
- 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience with a distinctive record of achievement and impact
- Significant experience working on mega CapEx construction projects
- Cost estimation, Planning, and/or Scheduling experience is required
- In-depth knowledge continuous improvement programs, i.e., Lean/Six Sigma is desirable
- Field-based experience working on projects in one or more of the following industries: Oil & Gas, Mining, Energy, Chemicals
- Undergraduate degree in engineering is strongly preferred
- Advanced degree or MBA from a premier institution is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to travel up to 80%